Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Shatter Me

Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi This book is simply earth shattering. As soon as I got this book, I began reading right before work and didn't stop. Let just say, I was a little late. What really gripped me about this book is the really strong connection the reader has with the main character Juliette.As the reader begins reading Juliette's life, you are thrown into a dark peril of everlasting pain. Poor Juliette. To not be able to touch anyone. To have people dismiss you as you are a monster or something else....The heart breaking trouble that Juliette went through made me angry. Juliette knew that people were mean to her but her heart was in the right place.Now, the love interest was really neat. I love it when you read a book and a person from the past comes into the picture who you never thought would be there. With the introduction of Adam everything just came faster as you read. Adam, I can say really shattered Juliette. He said all the right things, did all the right things, and he loved her. Adam made me swooooonnn! He even made my heart shatter!!As far as the storyline goes, I really loved how it flowed. Nothing was too fast or too slow. As the reader, you see every little piece come together, as you follow Adam and Juliette. I like how the government was seen as control. Ms. Mafi gave you a really descriptive picture of the future there. You saw how people were treated and what was happening to the earth.Ms. Mafi wrote a earth shattering, absolutely amazing book! All the characters as well as the storyline was all cleanly written. Ms. Mafi made it possible to be in the characters shoes as well as feel them. I can't wait to read the next breath taking book!