Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Ice Hotel

The Ice Hotel - M.C. Foley This book was simply touching for me. From the very beginning, you feel connected. I loved the prologue talking about hope. If you ever lost anything in the world that means so much to you, which I am sure most everybody has, this prologue speaks to you. Having hope and then losing hope. You feel restless.In the beginning we meet the family. They are a loving family stuggling with everyday problems, Bills, school, health issues. Then the family get hit with an unexpected death. The death of their eldest child, Rossa hit them hard. I, being a mother, couldn't imagined losing a child. I felt for Ahnna McGarity, the mother. She grieved badly. I mean what mother wouldn't? The twins Izzie and Poe also grieved. Rossa was their big brother. Their protector. Whenever they were in trouble, Rossa was there. He guided and protected them. He kept them together so no one could fall apart. When he died, the family was just not the same anymore.Then they get a invitation to go to The Ice Hotel. The father Daniel, decides right away that they should go. After all that the family has been through, they needed some time away. As soon as they arrive Poe begins seeing things. He knows taht no one will believe him. He knows that there is something magical about The Ice Hotel.This story was truly capitvating. This family, struggling to move along, to stay together have a great adventure, finding themselves at the end. Mc Foley was great. Her writing style was different than what I normally read, but great nonetheless. This book was a good easy read. No curse words or bad scenes. Just a great plot which I have not read before. When you read as much as I do, I love to read stories that are truly unique. Not the same story repeated over and over. The Ice Hotel is truly an admiring book.