Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Hearts at Stake (Drake Chronicles, #1)

Hearts at Stake (Drake Chronicles, #1) - Alyxandra Harvey Solange is the only vampire girl in over nine hundred years. Vampires swarm the Drake estate looking to either court her, kill her or if you believe in the prophecy, kidnap her. Solange is tired of being stuck at her house, not being able to go out ever single moment without one of her annoying brothers tagging along.She then meet Kieran. A handsome vampire hunter who is out to kill The Drake Family on the bounty.Kieran is told that is was The Darke Family who killed his father. What he doesn't know is what he was told is a lie.Lucy, best friend to Solange is human who has grown up around vampires her entire life. She is completely at ease with them. They take care of as if she was one of her own. When things get crazy with the bounty on The Drake Family, with Lucy's family out of town, she too is stuck at the house. Nicholas, one of the Drake brothers, is all of the sudden feeling different toward Lucy.Lucy notices a change in Nicholas, more attentive towards, protecting her....Lucy also see Nicholas in a different shade of light. She is just not sure what to make of it.I really enjoyed reading this book. I love that there was two different love stories going on. It was like double the fun, double the pleasure. Watching the love between the fours characters was a great touch. Nicholas and Lucy had great chemistry. The bond between them was something irresistible. Even with Solange craziness of all the vampires coming to her, her falling for Kieran was something nice. Solange was so bent on not dating any of them and not wanting to become queen, that falling for the one who wants to kill you....why not???The action and humor in the book was another added bonus. The Drake family busted major kick-butt moves in fighting. The humor in the book had me laughing hard.Alyxandra's Hearts at Stake is one of my favorite books and I can't believe it took me this long to read it. This book is written in romance style. Each Drake finding their loves. I like this. With 9 Drake brothers, there are plenty more novels to come.