Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Love Sucks

Love Sucks - Lauren Hammond This book took me by surprise. I ordered this book after talking with Ms. Hammond. Her books immediately captured my interest and it did not disappoint.Cara was turned into a vampire and left in her grave. After, she could not understand what was going on with her. She meets Andrew, who helps her adjust to her new way of life. Tragedy struck as villagers come to hunt them down. Cara escapes making her way to a new vampire clan. Soon they too are taken over and Care falls into a long peaceful sleep only awakening into a totally different world.Ok, let me just say that I found this book interesting because of the contrast between the past, then flashing to the future. I was glad to read a back round on Cara. She is such a strong character. Willing herself to adjust to anything to survive. She wakes up into a world of the future. I had a good laugh reading about Cara adventure to the future. She was so confuse about things, I had to laugh.Ms. Hammond did a great job writing the book, although I felt as I was reading like some things were left out. I found myself confuse at some points because not everything was fully explained. I did eventually get it, though it took me awhile. The romance in this book was well played. I enjoyed watching Jared and Care get to know each other and see their love grow.In all, I enjoyed this book. It was a quick, easy, fun read.