Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Girl Parts

Girl Parts - John M. Cusick I really expected more out of this book. I had high hopes for it but it never was what I wanted. I was able to read through it quickly, but found that that the plot needed something more...David is disagnoised with being Disassociated. With this, his doctor prescribes him not drugs but a machine to help him become more associated with the world. David sees the machine as nothing but a sex toy. All he wants to do is make out and have sex it with it. Because of this problem with teenage boys, the company removes all girl parts from the machine, thus the name of the book.David does learn somewhat of how to establish a stable good relationship. If he tries something not good, then he is punished by electric shocks. David learns quickly that he must earn trust and establish a relationship before even trying to kiss Rose.Charlie is also a disassociate but his father did not approve of the program. When David gets mad at Rose, Rose runs into Charlie in which he helps her.There is so much going on in this book with the three different POV's going on. It was hard to keep up, but just to me too many story lines. Also I enjoyed Rose finally making up her own mind and doing what she needed to do. I wish I could see more from Rose POV rather than David and Charlie.This book contains drugs, suscide, sex, and cursing. In all the book was an easy read, but nothing that I would read again.