Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Vixen (The Flappers Series #1)

Vixen - Jillian Larkin When will people see that whats in front of them is good? From the very beginning of this book the young ladies wanted nothing but change. They are tired of living the life they have, so they change it by changing themselves. Now, by all means, if you don't like something, then change it. But don't bring down other people.Gloria, Clara, and Lorraine all long for a change. They have to live a certain way, dress a certain way, eat a certain way, etc. Each of them having a different desire, changes their appearance looking more like Flappers. Flappers are floozies who drink each night going with a different man.Take me back to the roaring twenties BABY! I had so much fun reading this book. As a matter of fact, I kept reading this book through out a meeting I had with my boss. He spoke, but I paid no attention to a word he was saying. LOL. This book was filled with drama, lots of backstabbing, and fighting.I totally understand where the girls were coming from. They all wanted something that they could not have, so they use each other. They back stab, told each others own secrets to gain where they needed to go. In the end, it left nothing but hurt people and lots of hatred.The one girl I felt sorry for is Lorraine. Although she did mess up, she was blame for things that she did not do, making her the bitter one. In the end, she wanted nothing but revenge. I felt for her and how her best friend would turn her back on her like that. I was angry that she would not at least hear Lorraine out. I hope in future books Lorraine gets redeemed. I hate to see her that way.The love interest in the book were good. There were love triangles and unforbidden love. The unforbidden love is one that I would love to see. I hope it comes out all right for them. They have a tough road a head of them.If you like drama, with lots of love, fights, and roaring twenties, then you should definitely read this book. I was amazed on how well Ms. Larkin was able to grasp the twenties with perfect detailing. Even the way that they talked was awesome. I find myself, repeating some of the words whenever I get chance. This is an awesome book. It does, have lots of sexual references, drinking and drugs. I would recommend for older teens.