Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

It Started with a Dare

It Started with a Dare - Lindsay Faith Rech Oh the joys of high school. Friends, homework, parties, and backstabbing fiends.CG, the new girl, make her way in to the in-crowd by lying. Yes, she lies. Alot. I can understand CG point of view. High school sucks. There are so much rules and social standards, its hard to stand out. But the things she did were just not right. I had a hard time reading this book. Not because it was not written well. Just that all the things were bad.CG, once in the in-crowd creates so many lies, that she doesn't even realize the truth anymore. And that is quite sad. She is so caught up with all the games that she is playing that she doesn even realize who she is really hurting...herself.I was a little appalled of how she got involved with her teacher. Granted he was unaware of the situation. (They met on the Internet) but what got me was even after she found out who he really was. She used him, asking for lesson plans, and whatnot. She flirted with him and just kept on using him. Poor guy had no idea what was going on.I would definitely not recommend this book to young reader. It has way to much sex, cursing, drinking, and just plain meanness. This book did remind of the movie Mean Girls and that high school was such a bad experience for me that I would never repeat the process ever again! At least in the end I was glad she saw the errors of her ways and was able to to be who she was meant to be. Herself.