Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Contagion

Contagion - Joanne Dahme What really got me spurring about this book was the dirty little secrets Patrick carried around with him. All the time as I was reading, I was angry at him. But he did entertain me and kept me well on my toes. After losing her best friend, Rose is troubled by her husband's misgivings. Things are not the same with him. Threatening letters are being sent to her and she has begged her husband to do something about it but all he does if ignore her suspicions. All of the sudden, he's mean, contradicting, smells like perfume, and is planning something that she just can't quite get her fingers on. Will Rose figure out what her husband is up to?My goodness this book was just exciting! I love Rose. Her character is strong and did not give up the fight even when her life was hanging in the balance. Rose did everything she could to figure out what her dirty sneaky husband was up to. That rat bleep. I couldn't believe the crap he was pulling. I serioulsy wanted to go into the book and chop his freaking bleep off. Rose kept me steady and secure while reading this.There were so many suspicions in here I was astounded as to how many people were actually involve in this whole charade. I had my suspicions but man! I was just taken back by the amount of secrets that were spilled.While I despised her husband, Sean was a great refreshment. He was one that was truly a keeper. He cared for Rose and knew exactly where to find her when danger was lurking around. The fight scene was a plus. I was glad that he gave Patrick a good punch or two.The whole plot, drama was well played out and kept me entertained. I love how everything was tied and how it ended. It was all good and work out great. If you like historicals with a good mystery read this book. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. I think this was one book that I found myself actually yelling at the book!