Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Mystify (Mystyx, #2)

Mystify (Mystyx, #2) - Artist Arthur I just loved how well Ms. Arthur combines paranormal with real life drama. Not with over dramatic stuff, but everyday real stuff that people go through every single day.We meet Sasha who's life is nothing but what is seems. She is drenched in a world that she totally dislikes and wants nothing part of it. Sasha meets Antoine and is having an extremely hard time fighting the attraction to him. Things get complicated and she must face the question, what really matters?What really matters when it comes to a relationship? I know now and days people are much more lenient when it comes to dating people of other races. But some people are extremely old fashioned and don't think its is right to stray outside of your race, your class, your people, etc. Sasha is faced with this situation time and time again in this book. She wants to go with her heart but faces trouble when her parents questions why she is hanging out with that thug.I loved that Sasha is strong and fierce. She knows what she wants, keeps herself out of trouble, and makes good grade. And even though she is a richie, she does not degrade everyone who is not. She is all-around friendly. Sasha sticks up for her friends, and her love, fighting her parents all the way.The paranormal part was awesome! I love the whole aspect of Gods and Goddesses in a big war. This book also made for great entrainment with all the researching and seeking out secrets. Ms. Arthur certainly knew how to draw me into her wonderful world of Mystyx. The characters were strong yet fresh. Each of them, finding themselves in this world as well as fighting a war with their powers. I can't wait to read her next book!