Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Ancillary's Mark

The Ancillary's Mark - Daniel A. Cohen This book is a great and entertaining read. It reminded me of the movie The Librarian, where ancient stories come to life. I really enjoyed the whole researching and searching for the flower. What I mostly loved was watching Jacob become who he was meant to be and fulfill his destiny.This book was one that I enjoyed because of the whole researching and following along. I just love to figure out clues and the mysteries of the story. Plus the story about the blue flower and the sun was really intriguing.The adventure of traveling from place to place was one that took me on a great ride.My only grip was the fact that things weren't fully explain well. I had some trouble putting pieces together. I had to re-read some parts and then come back to what I was reading. The MC Jacob was one adored heartily. He was sweet and kind and just blubbered on when he was nervous. He made me laugh frequently over his dorkiness. Sofia was a nice touch for him. Although she seemed a little mean in the beginning, she certainly did warm up to Jacob and his dorky ways.The ending was good. I like how Jacob was able to figure out everything on his own. The epilogue was one that I like and to see his success was fulfilling.