Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Gentlemen

Gentlemen - Michael Northrop Gentlemen is a book of wide proportions that you must open your mind in order to see outside the box. The story was compelling and one I had yet to see. The uniqueness of it I loved. So I can't imagine why so many people gave this book 3 stars? I thought this book was one heck of a read.The moment I began this story I admit it was slow. It took a while for the build up to come and boy did it ever. Bones, Michael, Tommy, and Mixer are all good friends. They are all alike and troubled. Most teachers don't even look their way or even try to help them. When one teacher decides to open their minds he has no idea what can of worms he just let out.I can say that I understand these characters completely. For one, I was not a trouble maker in school but when I dated one, all of a sudden I could not be trusted. It was like all the teachers just changed. It was weird. Just because you are "troubled" doesn't mean anything. I like the fact that they teacher tried to help the boys. I was glad that he was able to reach the gentlemen when no one else had. Now, the way it all turned out, well, that I did not see.The ending was,... how can I say ironic? Here was this teacher only trying to help and it turned on him. But the teacher did succed in getting the boys what he wanted them to do. They read the book. They learned. And even at that the teacher held no ill will againist them. And for that he is a great teacher. I still wonder why would he put on a show like that? Hmmm...