Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Red Riding Hood

Red Riding Hood - Sarah Blakley-Cartwright, Catherine Hardwicke, David Leslie Johnson I had been waiting for this book for a while excited about the release of the movie. Once I read it, I found myself slightly disappointed in it. While I enjoyed the plot, I just wish there was something more.Valerie character is unique. She is not the same as the other girls in the village. She is strong-minded and always speaks her mind, which in turn get her into trouble. She doesn't think much about herself, which leaves her to be always lonely. She also is very caring for the ones that she loves and will do anything for them.The love interest bothered me because we were thrown right in it. Instead of see the love be built up, the guy just comes back and BAM! In love. I wanted to see more of the characters get to know each other more and see more between them.Now, the characters of the wolf startled me. The author left us with so many clues, that there was no telling as to who was the wolf. I was sure that I knew who it was but in the end, there was a cliffhanger, leaving me again unsure.