Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Prince of Mist

The Prince of Mist - Carlos Ruiz Zafón, Lucia Graves This book was slow from the start so it took a while to get to the good part. What I like most about this story is that it is the classic plot of the devil granting wish in return for something. There is always catch when asking for something.After moving away from the war, Max's family moves to a beautiful place along the beach reaching for the peace they long for. Max makes a friend right away and set to exlpore the town. Only Max feels watch and soon notices many different things that don;t seem right. After asking many questions, Max meets his new friends grandpa who has a dark tale that is coming back to life right before his eyes.Max is a very smart boy for his age. He knew what questions to ask and where to go. He did some great investigating on watching the flims and learn quickly. I admit that some parts of this book crerp me out. I don't like clowns, so when the clown pop up on the film, the hair on my arm rised up. How Max was able to watch as the clown mock him is beyond me. I just wanted to shut the book and out it away. The plot line is good. It does have a grewat life lesson in being careful on what you wish for cause you just might get it. Asking for a wish from a demonic creature is just no go.If you like a good creepy book with wishes to die for, give this book a try. My only gripe was the slow start. Once you get into the book you will quickly see what you got yourself into.