Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Savannah Grey

Savannah Grey - Cliff McNish I found myself really excited to read this book. For one the synopsis really captured me. I really wanted to like this book, but alas I could not. I found that plot did not capture me at all. While the characters were great, the story was lacking. Savannah though she was normal when all of sudden she made weird noises at night. She found herself wondering around, think she was dreaming but she was actually doing something else. She discovers something different or wrong with her throat. There is something in there that doesn't look right. And the Orcrassa wants her dead because of it.First off, what gripe me about this book was how slow it took the plot to thicken. While I enjoyed meeting Savannah and learning about her, it took a while to see what is going on. Also it need a lot more explaining. I had a hard time grasping the plot and found myself re-reading parts just to understand. Finally after a good amount a pages in, I understood but I was still somewhat confused as to how Savannah got that way in the first place.The love interest was surprisingly good. I like seeing Savannah have someone to lean on after what she found out. Reece is just like her. I like how the reader got to see them explore their findings as to what is going on. They were their for each other and didn't push each other into anything. I like seeing how easy it was to be with each other.