Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Betrayal of Maggie Blair

The Betrayal of Maggie Blair - Elizabeth Laird One thing I dislike, is the ignorance people have when it comes to the bible. People think that just because they think they know it, they know whats best for everyone. The Betrayal of Maggie Blair is just that. Religious people ignorant in what they read that they killed, hurt, accused innocent people, women mostly of being witches. And whats worse is those church going people who put everyone down using the bible are worse then everyone else.This story is very touching but also hurtful to read. As the reader follows Maggie, we see and feel every emotion that she goes through. Hurt, rage, sadness, fear. I wanted so badly to slap all those stupid people for being dumb. And whats ironic is that those people who accused Maggie weren't perfect either. They were hiding their sins thinking that they can hide from God using his words against him. And boy did the truth ever did come out.The plot is breath-taking. Every turn of the page lead me to more and more anger as I see the betrayal of Maggie grow and grow. Ms Laird wrote a fantastic book that showcased every little detail in the witch trials. I was literally holding my every waking breathe hoping for the best for Maggie. It just seems that nothing let up for her. Now, while most witches trials all lead to a guilty verdict, I was glad that there is that one and rare good ending for some girls who were accused. It wasn't the best ending. Maggie went through so much that nothing that those people say or do now could ever take back what they did to her. I am glad that Maggie had some kind of good outcome for her. Her strength amazed me. AMAZED ME! She held her head up high and did not stand for what those people did.