Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Throat

Throat - R.A. Nelson I will admit that this is a strange book that actually got my attention. What got me hooked was the plot. The characters were a little hard to grasp. Some seemed unbelievable while others you can get right away!Emma is not your normal teenager. She had epilepsy and the things of the world seem far for her. She struggles with finding who she is or where she fits. After having everything she has worked for blown up in her face, Emma runs away crashing the car. But not before a vampire named Wirtz gets to her.I really enjoyed reading Emma. Her character has gone through so much and for once just wanted to be normal. No doctors, no medications, just a regular teenager. I felt for Emma and the anger that she harbored. She had a lot to deal with. After becoming a vampire, Emma seems to find herself more. She finds strength in not only what she has become but she finds strength in her new relationship with Sagan. Emma draws strength from him in order to do what she has to do. She does her best to protect her family by separating herself from them.The relationship between Emma and Sagan I loved. They fell into an easy relationship that was not stressed. They brought peace and comfort to each other was nice. I like how Sagan was there for her and helped her out. The setting I did find a bit strange. The whole thing was based on a NASA base plant where Emma was hiding out. Sagan worked there. There was lots of talk of aliens and astronomy.Overall, it was a good, fun, read!