Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Zitface

Zitface - Emily Howse This is a cute, coming of age story about a girl who has to live with zits. I simply adored Olivia. As a reader, Ms. Howse really did capture the voice of a young teenager. Olivia is living a perfect life. Friends, family, boys and then zits. Lots of them! I really liked how Olivia's characters dealt with everything. She dealt with it with how a normal teenager with deal with it. She freaked out, wanted to stay home, demanded more treatment. All the teenage drama plus a a little sister who makes fun of her made me laugh.The whole plot of the story was cute and a life lesson learned. Olivia had to learn that not everything is in her control. That it is okay to be a normal teenager and not perfect. I love how well Olivia's mom dealt with things. She did her best to be there for her daughter, and help out whenever she could.Zitface is fresh, fun and easy read. This is a book that I would definitely picked up for my teenage daughter (if I ever have one) but it is on that I would definitely recommend to those coming of age.