Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Cellar

The Cellar - A.J. Whitten This book was not only spooky but somewhat graphic. It had lots of cannibalism in it and lots of killing. At first I thought this was a tragic re-taleing of Romeo and Juliet but it was nothing like it. Well it was similar but only this time it had real life flesh eating zombies! NOM, NOM, NOM!At the very beginning, the reader is hit with a tragic start and a lost family. I adored Mer and Heather. Both the sisters were grieving and were doing there best to move on. Heather took it the hardest and left Meredith feeling alone. I like that even though both sisters were fighting and falling apart, both of them needed each other badly.One thing I enjoyed was the plot. The plot was super good and was filled with lots of action. Some of the action was a bit too much for me. There was eating of the brains (eww) and lots of other body parts. I did enjoy getting into the head of a zombie. I never thought I be able to relate to him but I did. He was lonely and yearned for love. I could relate as to why he did his actions but still his actions were sick. The characters were amazing. I have never been in the head of the zombie so it was cool to see that point of view. I never thought that a zombies could love. But let me tell you I don't ever want to end up in that cellar, AT ALL! That place is just done right spooky and not right. Not right at all.Overall, The Cellar is dark read that captures you right away. It intense and graphic, but good.