Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Bumped

Bumped - Megan McCafferty I am super sad to say that I did not enjoy this book. I really want to like it but could not. While the synopsis and storyline was good, the plot failed to grab me.The plot was just not doing it for me. The slang and lingo in this book was too much. I enjoy drama but this drama was just too much to bare. With all of society telling them to get "Bumped" it was just like watching Teen Mom or whatnot. And to be honest, I really dislike that show. I guess that is why I could not get into it. I got bored right away and had a hard time staying into the book.The characters on the other hand were good. I thought Ms. Mcafferty did a great job capturing the voice of a teenage girl getting Bumped. Both girls were different, unique, but also the same. She also did a great job of capturing all the drama that comes with pregnancy,. The girls talking about birth, giving up the child, etc. All of it was out there for everyone to see.As far as the lingo goes, well I'm not sure if a young teenager should read this. An older teenager yes, but there are too many things about sex, sleeping with different guys, and whatnot in this book that I feel is not appropriate for a young teenager to read. Then again, it may be good because it can give the feel of what really happens when you get pregnant at a young age.