Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Happy Birthday to Me (Birthday Trilogy, #1)

Happy Birthday to Me (Birthday Trilogy, #1) - Brian  Rowe This book is so great! It is filled with great drama, lots of self-discovering and just plain freaking awesomeness. If anything you know about me, is that I like to get into the story. To feel the characters and be in their shoes. Mr. Rowe did just that. I was hook from the very first page. The storyline is good. I like the feel of it. The build up was just perfect and did not leave you hanging. As the reader follows the main character, Cameron, we see him change right before your eyes. Granted that he is ageing quickly, I like how his heart changed. While at first he was a big jerk and a big meany. As you get more in to the story, you see his heart get soft and you feel so sorry for him. I really wanted to just hug the guy. He learned a very valuable lesson in all that he went through.The way that his friends and parents treated him, made me want to scream. People are so insensitive! I mean, if this were to happen to anyone else, they would feel the same way. I like that Cameron kept his head on straight and high. He didn't let it hold him back. He wanted to be treated the same. But people were so mean...ugh! Even some of the things the teachers did made me sick!The way the love interest played out in this book, I just adored! I really like seeing Cameron open his eyes to a girl who he should of noticed. I even like seeing her seeing that what she did to him and try to take it back. I like how she saw the goodness in him, the real him. I like that in the end, they both learn something new.Mr. Rowe wrote a simply fantastic book that I could read again. Mr. Rowe really capture the voice of a struggling teenager dealing with stuff all teenagers deal with and more. Even characters that had minor roles played so much more.