Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Putting Makeup on Dead People

Putting Makeup on Dead People - Jen Violi What I like most about this book was her self discovery. Donna has been through so much with losing her father at a young age. She tried to relate or feel in the moment.She took lots of risk, some I don't even approve of or liked, but in the end, she found who she needed to be, herself.Now with I don't approve of. I know that when a teenager rebels, they rebel. And granted the whole situation was not her fault but what I didn't like was the fact that she liked it.Donna is a great character, whom learn a great life lesson. She found the one she was truly meant to be with and held on to it. She learn to forgive and let things go, so she could move on with her life. She also learn who she was and stuck with what she love. I loved walking along with Donna to see her become someone new.I would not recommend this book for a young teen. There is a lot of cursing and while there is no sex, there is still some pretty heavy messing around*