Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

My Sparkling Misfortune

My Sparkling Misfortune - Laura Lond What a great, twisted, fun book! I absolutely adored it. I think seeing things from the villains point of view had me see a whole new perspective. It was nice for once, to see it this way. I have always wondered what goes through a mind of a villain. For one, the plot was great. I loved getting in to the storyline and reading about the villain. We as reader, always dislike the villain. We never really give him or her a chance to see who they really are. I also like how to mishap of this villain lead everyone to believe he is a hero! I was laughing my head off. I love his snarky comments and attitude. My favorite character was the sparkling. The sparkling is a magically creature that helps out heroes. I really liked how they became more than partners but true friend. You see even the villain has a heart. It just takes someone to take down the walls and see him.The characters in the book I adored as well. As I said before, I loved the sparkling. He was super funny, super sweet, and did all the right things. He always made me smile and laugh. Overall, this book is great for kids who want a good adventure but with a twist!