Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Anathema (The Causal Enchantment Series)

Anathema  - K.A. Tucker I don't even know where to begin with this book. The storyline was so unique and very creative that this book is devouring! By the end of the first chapter, I was not hooked, but so engrosslly enthralled that I could not, would not, put this book down.What got me hooked about this book was the unique storyline. Yes, it has vampires in it, but there is so much more to the story. The history of the book laid out a very chaotic future, with great description. I adored the storyline and the way it flowed. It didn't confuse you or leave you hanging. Instead, if filled you with such great excitement in reading the book. As the reader, you fell into this amazing world that Ms. Tucker created and you don't want to leave.The characters were very well develop. I love reading a book, where you see the main characters come into who they are meant to be. All of them play such an important role, not only in the past, but in the future as well. Secrets were revealed, betrayals were made...and anathema was created. I love that the title of this book, describe the whole story all together. It is a curse that not only harmed the past, present, and future, it caused such hatred between people that it dripped off the pages of the book. AMAZING!The love interest in this book also got me hooked. I like how this love was not created right away but dismissed. You knew they were meant to be, just to many other factors keep them apart. I know this may seem masochist of me, but I like that they struggled in their relationship. I can only hope that it will make them stronger.I strongly recommend that you read this book. It will give you one heck of a reading adventure. It will most definitely cause you anathema. It will curse you to read it till the very last page.