Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Advice Girl (Dalara, #1) - L.A. Shaw For some reason, while reading this book, I fell into storyline cause it was easy to get into, but felt like something was missing. One thing I did enjoy was the friendship between Sophia and Kira. There friendship is rare and coveted. I like how these two knew everything about each other, well at least everything. Even when things got rough, Sophia still mange to maintain a good relationship with Kira.Now, for me this is were things get dicey. I did like the storyline, but I wanted more information. The secret society of The Guild as well as the VS, had me a little confused. I wish that there was more back round or history to it. Most of the time you were kept at bay, so it left you feeling like you were missing something.The love interest was good, but again, I really dislike when characters meet and BAM! In love. So not working for me. They did have some back round, but I wished I could have read more into it. Like secret meetings, letters, just something.The book overall is easy to get into because the storyline does keep you entertain. The author keeps great mysteries as well as secrets. Some where told while others were not. The unfolding of the story does keep you on your toes as well as out of the loop. Your not sure whats happening next, so you keep on reading. Great story with great characters!