Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Hunted of 2060 (Shifter Evolutions #5)

The Hunted of 2060 - Ami Blackwelder I just loved the world that was created in this book. I like how well the future was shaped and how the government worked. And what was scary is that the world could end up that way. All fighting, with nothing but wars.The main characters in this book, April, I liked. She had a real strong head on her shoulders. She found out who she was and she stood up for herself. When the packed did not approve of who she was with, she fought her him. I admired her strength to stand firm. I think it would be scary to not only stand up for yourself, but to stand for yourself in front of a pack is down right risky! All the characters had such unique names. I like how the names matched each character well. While all the characters could shape shift, they all stood for their rights till the very end. Many were lost, but I loved their loyalty to fight till the end.I like how April story was intertwined with the past. It made the story much more interesting in seeing how it all connected. April, had so much more to her, I knew that there had to be more.My only gripe was that at times the story had a good build up, then it get slow. It bothered me a bit, but still the story was good enough to continue on reading. Overall, this book was written well. It has a good back round to it. It leads the reader in to diving right in and stepping into sync with the characters.