Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Faking 19

Faking 19 - Alyson Noel I really wanted to like this book. I love Alyson Noel books. They have always seem to capture me with a great adventure and lead me on and on. But this book I can't help but dislike. I was really put off by the characters and their actions.I am all for a character rebelling. I know that a characters needs to fall in order to grow. But this character Alex was just too much. She did nothing but think of herself, sex, and drinking. I understood that her back round was a troubled one. She didn't have a father who cared about her, her mother worked hard to support them both, so I can see were Alex may have gotten out of hand. I do like however, how Ms. Noel created a characters based on something real. Cause now and days, and this is so true, teens act this way. When families fall apart, teens do go out and rebel really badly. I am glad that Alex learn things, but she learn them the hard way. She managed to finish school and even got accepted to a writing program. I am proud that at the end Alex realized what she must do.There was a lot of drinking, sex and cursing. So I recommend this book for 18 yrs and up.