Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Cascade (River of Time)

Cascade - Lisa Tawn Bergren Oh Marcello, you hot Italian you. I missed you so much, but in this book you made me so happy! I love this series. And the title fits the book so well too. Cascade is exactly was this book does. This book just keeps on tumbling down, spiraling the reader into a never ending fall of good writing.This book picks off right where the book left off only this time, involving the mother. I can say that as you read this book, mixing the element in bringing in the mother is a good touch. I liked how it showcased the family fighting together as one.Once again, both sisters and the mother are caught up in the politics and war. The sisters fight for not only their hearts but for their men. Gabi is a strong women who really put her heart out there. She continues to amaze me with her wild ideas and great fighting. Both sisters and mother really swept the men off their feet with their fighting techniques that is made me smile big. I loved how the men really love these women and boasted about it too.All the characters in the book grew up so much. Even Lia, Gabi's sister grew up as well. She was lost but found herself in someone. I was glad that she finally admitted it. Gabi as well, learned so much. She learn to trust Marcello and also trust her instincts. Gabi was right about many things and I like how she followed her heart. Gabi also went through some very hurtful times. I like how she held herself up high in it and had faith in God.Now, the ending. Oh Ms. Bergren, you really know how to make a good twist in the book huh? I can say that I am one excited reader to see how this new twist will endure in Torment. I think with this whole new element in it, the next book is going to be very exciting to read! If you haven't read this series, I demand you go to you local bookstore and get this book! It will leave you speechless!