Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Shadowed Summer

Shadowed Summer - Saundra Mitchell Even though this was small book, it was jammed packed with goodness. I really enjoyed the plot line of this book and following along with the characters to solve the mystery of Elijah disappearance. The plot line for one was good. The pacing of the plot, even better. I like that as you read the book the mystery isn't given to you right away. It makes you keep reading and you unravel the mystery of what happen to Elijah and why Iris is involved.Iris is a great character. She has a great sense of adventure and just really dives into solving this unsolved mystery. She search for clues, ask questions, even I was getting excited at the questions she was asking. I too, fell into step with Iris on her journey to find Elijah.As always, with small towns nothing is what you expect. I really like the twist of the book and the ending. In a short book, Ms. Mitchell did a great job on tying up all the loose ends. Nothing left you hanging and even the ending was bitter sweet.