Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Mayhem (Mystyx, #3)

Mayhem (Mystyx, #3) - Artist Arthur I have followed this series but the very beginning and it has been a great read! I loved reading about each character, seeing them from their point of view and of course, watching them grow into their powers. What I adore about Ms. Arthur is the elements she uses in her books. There not just supernatural powers, but real stuff that people deal with everyday. Take bullying for example. It is now getting out there and more people are stepping up, trying to help the victims out. But what happens when you bully a kid too much? I think we all know the answer to that question.Jake has always been a quiet guy and has taken in everything. He never said a word and let it boil all inside. He lets his anger grow and when his powers start to go the the bad side, we the reader see it all explode. I just loved Jake. He is so selfless in who he is, he didn't want to bother anyone with the bullying. He thought that he can do it on his own, but could not. I loved that this book has a great view of what bullying does to people. It's not cool and it only creates more problems. Jake, already facing more trouble, had to learn to not only control his powers, but learn to control his anger. Anger that he had every right to have.What really got me hooked, is the fight that Jake fought. He fought bullying for so long, that he turn around and used his powers to get back. This battle was not only emotional, psychical, but also very spiritual. Fighting anger that has been instilled in your heart for so long is hard. Jake had to learn to let things go, to forgive or else it would take over him.The plot line of the story is very different from the first two books, but still a great read. I can't express to you how much I loved this book and how I loved getting to know Jake more. If you have not pick up this series, you should. It not only has some great supernatural things going on, but a great story mixed with real life issues.