Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Near Witch

The Near Witch - Victoria Schwab What I liked most about this book is the mystery of it. Here you have a small town with lots of stories of The Near Witch. Children sing songs of it, people whisper about it. But what really happened? I like that the author wrote such a detailed and well presented story to the reader. The reader is presented with this great illusion, that you have no idea what is going to happen. With so many great plot twist and turns, the reader is gasping for their dear life!The story line of this book kept me on my toes. I always like it when an author keeps me crawling after the bread crumbs she drops. As I continue to follow the bread crumbs, Ms. Schwab filled my appetite with lots of new characters, elements of magic, and lost children that are no where to be found. The reader is able to feel the mysterious of the near witch and the small town that hold the secrets.The characters in this book were well developed. I love that the main character, Lexi, is strong and determined. Just like her father, she sets out to find out what is happening to the missing children. She uncover webs of lies, deceitful townsmen, and one heck of an angry witch. I like that she had help in the most unlikely place. She didn't follow rules or take orders from anyone. She stood strong and fought, even is she was alone.The Near Witch is an upstanding, worthy witch book. Told like no other, The Near Witch will ground you with fear and hold you tight. Want a good witch story? Then read this one. With Ms. Schwab's masterful writing, this book will captivate you to follow the bread crumbs to a great story.