Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Siren's Cry

The Siren's Cry - Jennifer Anne Kogler I found myself really into the book as soon as I started it. I adored the Otherworldly and the way it is written. I have never come across a book like this before. Fast pace, gripping, and very engaging, I am in love with this author, Ms. Kolger. The book is not at all what I was expecting. Instead it exploded in front of my face leaving me blindsided! I loved the characters in this book. They were all unique and so fresh! I can't begin to tell you how much I really liked this book. I love that Ms. Kogler really open up to readers to something new. I had no idea that this is the sequel but after reading this one I must pick up the first. And even though I have not read the first book, Ms. Kogler made it easy for the reader to fall right in. I had no trouble picking up the book and falling right into it. The plot line of the book had loads of funky visions, bad guys, etc. I loved that Fern not only dealt with her growing powers but also dealt with regular high school drama as well. It showed the characters flaws but also made her much more approachable. There is loads of secrets being unveiled that it keep you giddy. I loved it when Fern snuck out to do her own plan. She knew what she needed to do and just did it. Fresh and gripping, The Siren's Cry is a book I really enjoyed. I loved the aspect of the Otherworldlies and things are slowly coming together as well as falling apart. More people are let in on the secrets and more secrets were made. I am now hooked on to this series, in which I must go out to the store and buy the first book!