Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Shattering

The Shattering - Karen Healey I was super excited for this book and delighted when I got it on Netgalley. Although the book started off good for me, it slowly went down and was disappointed in the end. I loved the beginning of the book. This town plague my myterious suscides that no one thought the people would commit, Keri and her friends are determined to fine out what is really going on. I loved Keri and the other characters. They weren't afraid to ask questions. To go places where they needed to go. They followed patterns of deaths and became excellent investigators. I am impressed how quickly these three were and how good they handled it all. The plot line of the book is what I didn't enjoy. The problem for me with this book is that even though is started off great with the mysterious death, patterns and whatnot, I just did not like the way it ended. I was hoping for more. A surprise or such, but nothing what I thought. I am extremely disappointed in myself that I could not like it more. But this book is simply not what I thought. The writing is good, along with the development of the characters. I enjoyed watching them learn, grow and become closer friends then ever.