Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Beginning of After

The Beginning of After - Jennifer Castle This book is not what I expected but I really loved it. It made my heart wrench and cry. I yearn for happiness, some kind of peace when I was reading this. Lots of great writing, with amazing characters, I took the road to a long heartache just beginning to heal.What I like most about this book is the characters. Especially the main characters Laurel. I like that the author is able to project the feelings and emotions of this girl. As the reader explores Laurel's world, you fall into her shoes feeling feeling anger, envy, hurt, and mostly rage. I loved that Ms. Castle wrote the characters with so many flaw that you can relate to the characters. Laurel goes through what any other normal person would go through. Loss is not an easy thing to get over.What I adored about this book is the healing process that Laurel goes through. Healing takes time, but she did it. She began to heal and love again. She learn to moved on with her life and start a new one. I can't express how much I adored the healing process of both Laurel and David. David is one character that I thought about as well. He too, went through a traumatic experience. I am glad that he had people he can go to in his time of need.The love interest was expected but I love it. I love how scared they were in the beginning to acknowledge their feelings. I liked how they slowly open up to each other and began trusting again. Their love is based in a trust, a long friendship that is good and pure.An absolutely heart breaking read, I cried. Not a lot, but cried of sadness and of happiness. Ms. Castle did a wonderful job in writing this book with amazing characters. So much details in feelings, places, and the characters themselves, that it comes to life and goes right to your heart! I adored this debut and can't wait to read what she writes next!