Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing - Christina Mandelski When I picked up this book, I was expecting a lovey, dovey fluff book. One where I can relax and not get all my emotions jumbled. Well, I can say that I was wrong about this book. Really wrong! But, I liked it. It did what great writing is supposed to do. It caught me in it stickiness of cake frosting and held me down.The plot line of this book is good. One thing I enjoyed is watching the characters grow in the plot line. The plot pacing is also amazing. As the reader, you are thrown into lies, deceptions created by others in order to protect but all it did is create more tension. I liked that the tension grew more and more as you continue to read deeper. I love that this book had a great build up to the truth. The reader is given information little by little, as well as the main character. There was so much left unsaid and undone, that watching them learn the truth was heart breaking yet exhilarating.The love in this book is lovely as well as heart breaking. After learning the whole truth, Sheridan learns more about herself and how to deal with everything. But she also got a second chance at love. Something she never saw coming. I loved that Sheridan learned to let go and love what she has around her. That is not something easy to do, but I am glad that she did.I can tell you that this is one amazing book! Even though it turn out not to be a fluffy book, it road me like a roller coaster! I enjoyed Ms. Mandelski great writing. Her characters, the plot, as well as her amazing descriptions of beautiful cakes and emotions, left me begging for more. She wrote about finding the truth and letting it go. She gave me a love worth fighting for and one I love to see in books.