Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

In Trouble

In Trouble - Ellen Levine This is a great book about getting "in trouble". I remember the days were times were like this. My mom freak out one time cause when I was in eighth grade back in 1998-99 school year, a girl in my class got pregnant. My mom flipped out, questioning me about "boys." Granted, my mom was only doing what she felt she needed to be done. But back then, teen pregnancies were not that common. And getting "in trouble" was wrong. I will say that I really enjoyed this book. I think the author did a wonderful job on capturing the essence of the time period and what it was like for a young girl to get in trouble like that. This book reminded me of the movie Riding in Cars with Boys, but with slightly more drama. This book deals with the issues of abortion, adoption, and of course keeping the baby. I love that the author gave different point of views in dealing with getting in trouble. I think that this book can be very controversial. I know for every girl it is a different situation.Some are forced into it, while others have no other choice. And just like this book, each girl has to do what is right for her.