Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Veil

The Veil - Cory Putman Oakes I really loved this book. There was so much action, connections within the story line and characters that I just had to keep reading!!One thing I enjoyed about this book is the plot line. Ms. Oakes made it easy for the reader the connect with the characters as well as fall into story. I can say that while reading this I did nothing but smile. I loved the pacing of the story. Everything in the plot line lead up to a greater secret in the book. Loved it.I also enjoyed how well the characters are developed. I loved that the main character, Addison, how she is kept out of the loop. It made for searching the answers much more fun along with Addison. I loved that Ms. Oakes surprises the reader by adding minor characters that not only held secrets but played a much bigger role than expected.The love interest of this book had my giggling. I loved the whole," lets pretend to be together but hide our true feelings." The tension between the characters made me grin happily as I saw both of them slowly fall in to love with each other.Ms. Oakes writing is special in that it grabs the reader right away. I loved how well she wrote her story with such passion and fullness. I knew that this is one story that I like right away and was not disappointed!