Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Variant

Variant - Robison Wells Variant is one of those books that keeps you on your toes. I mean, the plot from the very first page kept me hooked and my heart racing fast!What I liked most about this book is the plot line and the mysteriousness of it. If anything, I love being kept in the dark only to dive into the book faster in order to piece together whats really going on. So much intense moments of the book made my giddy! I like that the plot line involved not only a school but that kids run it. I am so curious to known what the school is hiding.The characters of the book are strong and loud. I loved that the characters raised questions and broke rules. Benson the main character really kept the reader asking questions as well as answering them. I love that Benson was not taken by the rules. He is not afraid to ask and to snoop around. Plus his bad boy rebelling attitude had me at hello!The love interest really freaked me out as much as it did to Benson. I so did not see that coming and gasp! I had no idea that it will lead this way but it raised even more questions!! The ending definitely left me hooked and wanting more!!Variant is a novel of mysterious and great writing. Every page turn left you wanting more. Every word left you breathing short. And every turn of the page took you on a reading adventure like no other.