Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Poison Diaries: Nightshade (The Poison Diaires)

Nightshade (The Poison Diaries #2) - Maryrose Wood, The Duchess Of Northumberland I really enjoyed the change in the characters. It was not the turn most characters take, but I loved that the author surpirsed me with something real.The plot line picks up right where it left off. Both characters are now on the run, and the king is now running the show. I loved how the plot kept the reader going. It was intense and full of so much new information that I was just taking it all in.What I really liked it how dark the book got. So many dark emotions and thoughts. As the reader, you filled with angry and rage. Learning the secrets that was held back from the characters for years, made it easy for the reader to see. Ms. Wood did a great job in taking every detailed emotions fueling it in her writing.The best part of this story is the king. I was gald to see things from his point of view. It was a very interesting point of view, I might add. Seeing him play two different sides really perked up my interest. The ending was what I expected and not so. What the king did at the end, left me gasping.Nightshade, darkly written plagued me to finish it to the end. So many new turns, dark feelings, and the taste of poison lied in my mouth. If you want to enjoy a whole new spin on plants read this book.