Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Ashes (Ashes (Hardcover - Trilogy))

Ashes - Ilsa J. Bick I read this book in under two hours while waiting to be called in at the doctors office. And while i was reading this book I look over my shoulder alot. Why? Well this book had a spur of the moment zombie apocalypse and sitting in a waiting room full of sick people....yeah... I totally let my mind run with my imagination a bit. LOL I really loved this book. I loved the story line and the way it flowed. Ms. Bick did a great job in capturing the reader from the very first page. I admit I was confused at first, but as I continued to read and saw how it all came together...light bulb. I loved that the world created is so great descriptive that you can see it in your mind. The characters were great! Ms. Bick did a great job in capturing the voice of a teenager. And not just a voice but a strong one. Alex is one tough cookie. I loved her and immediately feel into her shoes. Ms. Bick made it easy for the reader to relate to Alex as well as feel her strength. If you love dystopian read this book! It has a strong kick-butt girl, zombies, and some hotties that blew my mind! Ms. Bick filled her book with great action, love, and read you will never forget!