Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Future of Us

The Future of Us - Jay Asher, Carolyn Mackler This book held every one of my expectations true! I loved reading every moment of the book. I loved getting lost in it but I mostly loved watching the characters grow right before me.What I loved mostly about this books are the the trials and tribulations that the characters grow through. One thing I always loved reading and watching the characters grow. Mr. Asher and Ms. Mackler did a great job in creating the right times in which the character to grow. It wasn't fast or slow but just paced nicely. I loved that reader was able to step right into the shoes of the characters quickly. Immediately while reading this, I could hear the dial tone, buzzing of AOL signing on. They way the authors bought back the time right before my eyes was great!I loved that the plot held so much than what I thought. I loved reading it and being amazed at the end. With every turn of the page, it was liked I was back at home, living with my mother, turning on our first computer. I remember being so excited to finally have one! To feel the pace of this book along with all of the emotions of the characters, Emma and Josh made me feel different. This book made me feel like I was back in teens days re-living all of those precious memories.The love interest of this book real held such a significant part in the book. I hadn't realize how much our choices can effect the future. Watching them change the future with one simple choice is really scary if you think about it. I love that this element of the book is something real. I like watching the effect of what happens to their future with one choice.I recommend you read this book. For those who grew up with AOL and owning the first computer on their street, this book will send you back in time to the 90's. This is a fun story with amazing writing and great elements. The exploration of these teenagers life, to find out who they are is a brilliant story.