Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Defiance

Defiance - G.C. Naffin I adore being thrown back into the times of queens, kings, and wars. There is something about this era in time that always holds me to the book. One thing that grabbed me about this book is the dialect. I love the old school speak. It sounds much more enthusiastic in feelings and emotions.I credible writing of Ms. Naffin and the way she brought her characters to life is amazing. The impression the readers get from the characters, the way you can feel the emotions of anger and hurt, had me giddy. The kidnapping, wars, and submitting to things you don't want had my heart melting.There wasn't much of a love interest going on but the reader did see some little adoring in there. It is pure and gentle. Nothing harsh but I like the feeling it left in my heart. It gave the book the exact peace it need when things are going all wrong.If you like books full of adventure, a teen fighting for her country then read this book. Vivian's strength soars beyond the pages of the book to fight for what she loves. Her heart above anything else is beautiful and courageous. Defiance is a natural flowing book of love and fighting.