Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Love & Leftovers

Love & Leftovers - I just love the way this book is written. Written in a beautiful format of verse poem style, the reader gets a great connection to the main character Marcie and watches her world fall apart. I love getting to know a character through short paragraphs but filled with so much emotions.Right from the start, we the meet Marcie who's world is turn upside down by her parents. Struggling and coming to terms of her parents split, Marcie learns more about love than she thought she would. I love that Marcie is wise but also has a lot to learn about love. Marcie is just at that age where nothing is seems as it is. She is struggling within herself longing to find what is the meaning of love? What is love? I adore when a character goes through a major change but also finds herself. At such a young age, Marcie had to come to terms with her parents decisions and you can see how if affected her. Parents don't realize what affect they have on their children. Just because this happens to her parents she thought it would happen to her. I like that the reader got to see and experience Marcie making her mistakes and learning from them.The love in this book is well all about love. The one thing I enjoyed about this book is that there was no fake love in here. We are people. People who make mistakes and keep secrets. I like that love is not some phenomenon but something that is work at, like Marcie found.This is a great book of what love really is. Making mistakes and forgiving. Not comparing someone's else's mistake to another making them pay for it. It's about love. Love is patient. Love is kind.