Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - I have read many books in my life but never have I read a book that so clearly got me that I cried. No, it's not a tear- jerker. It's just that I wish this book was written back when I was a teen so I can have hope in my future. When I was a teen, my parents got married and divorced several times. I hadn't realized till now, how angry I am at my parents. The viscous cycle of what they put me through. How their actions affected me today even now older and married myself. I thought that because of what I grew up with, that is exactly how I'll end up. None of my parents stayed married for more than a few years but always dragged me through their filthy mess. Even now, I struggle with my future because I always think, "I'm just like them." With God's grace and a very loving husband, I have conquered that fear. And this book, gave me hope for teens out there, going through your parents struggles. Remember that you are not them and you can change that.I related well to this book cause of what the main characters goes through. Her parents divorce, her father leaving and marrying another women just a few short months later. While reading this book I felt the characters anger cause heck, I've been there!! I've been dragged to my parents weddings even though I knew they wouldn't make it. I hated taking photos and absolutely hated it when my parents ask for my consideration. Hadley's father asks but does not give. She is angry, sad, and just disappointed in what has happen in her life. How it all change in a matter of minutes is great!What I loved about this story is despite what Hadley is going through, she finds peace in the hell that she is going through. She learns to accept her parents decisions but also makes the decisions to do things differently for her. I loved that she stood in what she believe in and sought out to look at things in a whole new perspective. The love interest in this book carries a hope for the reader. That despite what you see, there can be love.I've may not be a teen but this book connected to me. I really wish Ms. Smith wrote this book when I was 15. Cause had I read it then, I wouldn't have been so angry or scared. It would have given me the tiniest sliver of hope. Just the right amount to make it another day. If you ever been through your parents getting a divorce, re-married or whatnot, read this book.