Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Butterfly Clues

The Butterfly Clues - Kate Ellison The start of this book confused me a little. The way the book started in pushing the reader start into the story is good. I like that i was forced into something I didn't understand. Though after a few chapters in, the author gave enough back round history for me to find my footing and seemingly fell into the story after that. Not only was I completely intrigued but knew that this is a book I was going to chase till the end.Lo is a lonely girl searching for meaning. After a great loss in her family Lo is left to deal with so many emotions on her own. Immediately I felt for this girl. She retracted from everything she new and became someone different. Lo finds herself on journey to find the truth about her brother but also find herself on the midst of a murder. I think the author did a great job on putting this whole story together. The concept of Lo, her brother, the murder really came together well in the end. At first I wasn't getting what all the clues meant, but Ms. Ellison writing simplified so many actions in just a few short words. I loved that the author connected everything to the characters, even the to the past.I like the author created a setting to Lo. Her parents weren't around. The friends that Lo made weren't really good for her. Though I can't comprehend why Lo felt the need to solve this murder but I loved that Lo didn't give up. She is strong willed and stubborn. Even with death threats hanging in the air, she was going to solve it. There wasn't much a love interest in the story. It was more of a way to just be around each other. The author wrote some wonderful tension between the characters. One moment their fighting the next their okay. I like that these characters were there for each other despite what was said and done.Overall, this is a good book. It took me a while to get into the book but once I did, I enjoyed it. If you like a great mystery that has more meaning to it then you know, read this book.