Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Queen of Kentucky

The Queen of Kentucky - Everybody wants to fit in. So while reading this book and seeing what Ricki-Jo is going through, I can relate. High School is hard and life changing. I adored this book cause of the way the author writes about real things that goes on in life. High school, boys, drama, family. All of these elements play an important part in Ricki-Jo's life.Ricky-Jo is like every country girl. T-shirt, jeans, hair messy and always up to something. Ricky-Jo is ready for her life to change and she takes charge. New school, new clothes and a new name Ericka. I like that Ricky-Jo wants change. She doesn't want to be just a farmers daughters but wants to make a name for herself.I like that the story doesn't only tell whats going on in Ricky-Jo's life but also what is happening around her. Ricky-Jo's life is full of drama within her family and friends. Within the family, Ricky-Jo has an amazing heart. She thinks of everyone else before herself and tries to do what she can. I also enjoyed the downfall of Erica (Ricky-Jo). I liked that her downfall wasn't all at once, but by piece by piece. I know some people might say she was stupid and naive, but of course she was! She was a farm girl who went to a private school before. I like seeing that she didn't know everything and was learning everything the hard way. Still, Ricky-Jo learned her lesson and became who she is meant to be all along. herself.This is great book of life and learning. So many life changing moments in our life define and shape who we are. Queen of Kentucky is an amazing read!