Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Fever (Chemical Garden Trilogy)

Fever - Lauren DeStefano I have been anticipating this book for a while now. So when I finally got my hands on this book I could do nothing but squeal. *sigh* I wanted to love this book, but I couldn't. For some reason, I could not connect this world as well as I did the first book.My issues with this book is the fast changes that emerges in it. I had some trouble gathering my feelings about this book. As I first started it, I was confused. There we so many changes happening so fast that I could not grasp it. Then it felt like the reader was no longer in the world of Rhine but a whole new one. I admit that the changes were good, but it felt like the author went from one extreme to another with no explanation in between. It took me some time to get into to book and at last I found my place.The beginning even though has major changes, for me, it took me longer to get into. I guess in part, this is my fault. I was expecting a certain plot line and instead got a whole new surprise. Thinking back on this book, I admire that the author threw a whole new twist to the story. It certainly gave the reader a bigger explanation of the world outside of the manor.The love interest in the book is where I want it to be. I loved that Rhine is so much stronger in who she is. She fights for those she loves and does not give up, even when she is incapacitated. Towards the end of the book, I finally got what the author was trying to make me see. And then the ending. I really loved how the ending left the reader with so much suspense.Fever carries important messages about persistence, faithfulness, and courage in the face of nearly impossible obstacles. With a few weaknesses in the plot, it still makes for great read of a life never seen before.