Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles Series #1)

Born Wicked - Jessica Spotswood I picked up this book anticipating it. I was so excited to read something fresh and new. It gave me exactly what I wanted .The feel of history flowing through my fingers as I turned each page.What I loved most about this book is the plot line. I love historical books. Falling into the shoes of Cate and seeing everything she is, is wonderful. I loved the description of the town, the minor characters and the history that is going on at the moment. The plot pacing is perfect as the reader follows along with the sisters, discovering dark secrets hidden from them.I really adored the love interest. It was sweet and pure. With this love, the reader gets to see it form right before your eyes. I love watching two people fall in love. And with the obstacles facing both of them it just makes me want to root them on! Now, the ending! UGH!!! Such a good and shocking ending. I mean wow! I did not see that coming since she had already made up her mind, but WOW! Yeah, my mouth dropped open on that tidbit.Overall, Born Wicked is an entertaining, magical, surprising novel. Born Wicked tantalize it's readers with well written dialogue. A worthy novel from start to finish, Born Wicked is impressive.