Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Halflings (Halflings Series #1)

Halflings - Heather Burch o, as I began this book I knew what I was looking for, though the book is predictable, there were a few incidents that caught me off guard.First off, the plot is good. I like how easy it flowed. Nothing is confusing but pretty paid out how it is. You know what to expect and how to handle it. Now, I don't usually compare books to other books, but this book definitely felt like Twilight. It had the misfits, a strong family, and a girl discovering who she is. This book pretty much is a feel good book. I loved reading about each character. All the characters had a unique pull to them. My heart really went out to Raven. He took my breathe away so many times. (I always fall for the bad boy! LOL)Now, Ms. Burch pulled one over me with the love interest! I was so surprised to see it change directions so quickly. I mean I really thought how I knew for sure who she fall for and BAM! New boy. It was good change. Nothing I expected but so good at the same time.Halflings has charming characters that make a beautiful story. With lots of action, fighting and scenes to make you melt, Halflings charming tale.