Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Ripper

Ripper - I am not at all in mysteries thrillers. But this book took me to a whole other reading level that I really enjoyed!!What got me hooked on this book? Well the unique plot. I love stories about Jack the Ripper. To read a book based on a kid searching for clues to the killer is super cool! It's makes me feel all Nancy Drew again. With this book I just wanted to get underneath the covers of by bed with a flashlight, dash into the past and follow the clues of Carver Young. The plot, hand downs AWESOME!The mystery of the book is super cool. I love it when an author can take me on an adventure of searching, questioning, accusing, etc. It's give me great joy to be in the loop with the characters going along with them. It's so much fun!There was a bit of a crush interest. No love, no hardcore flirting just pure admiration. And that folks was enough to make me smile. I loved the loyalty they had to each other and the friendship they have is strong.The ENDING! I mean wow! Really just WOW! I did not see that! Well done Mr. Petrucha. You certainly knock me off my feet with such a fantastic ending! I have no idea. The ending is a shocker. I can tell you that much.Ripper is an engrossing thriller that leaves you chilled to the bone. The conspiracy driven-drama dives the reader deeper into a world of adventure that you never want to leave. Exhilarating and exciting, Ripper is a great read!