Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Redeeming Love

Redeeming Love - Francine Rivers This book touch me deep down to my heart. I already know that my copy of this book will be well worn in a few months time cause I will do nothing but read it over and over again.I really loved the characters of the book. Angel faced some hard times that reminded me of what happen to me in my past. I had realized how much garbage I had been carrying. Here I thought I left that behind when it has been hindering my future. I always felt as though I was never good enough just like Angel. Just like her, I want to run away cause I don't deserve the family I have. Michael faith in God and in Angel, opened up my eyes. I saw what things were wrong in my heart and as soon as I finished the book I prayed.This book also made me reflect on my relationship with the Lord. I have been saved for seven years. The Lord has brought me out of many situations but this one area in my life I never let the Lord touch. I felt as though he couldn't do anything about it. That, that part of me is ruined. "a soiled dove" I realized how wrong I was and that the walls I built up to protect myself were only hurting me. I felt like because what was done to me when I was little is who I am. I see that, that is not true. I am the Lord's child. I can tell you this. If you have a hard past that you can't seem to get over, read this book. I can guarantee that it will change the way you look at things. It will hurt and it will not be pretty, but it will help you. I cried so much during this book especially when the Lord was tearing down get defenses one by one. And Michael is a great example of what a Godly man is. He is patient, loving and has faith like a rock. He could not be moved.Redeeming Love will sit on my shelf and will be a book that I can always pick up and love. Read it.